Economic Freedom as measured by the Heritage Foundation has been dropping in the United States from its high of 81.2 in 2007 to its low of 74.8 in 2021. Additionally, governmental services have been largely inaccessible during the pandemic and government unreachable.
On Tuesday, February 8, 2022, David John Marotta appeared on Radio 1070 WINA’s Schilling Show with Rob Schilling to talk about “The Failure of Government.”
Here is an outline of the discussion:
[0:00] Evaluation of the Economic Freedom of the United States [3:52] Government Accessibility [7:01] Why the worst get on top [9:47] Caller question regarding Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates [11:33] What has been Joe Biden’s best proposal? [11:50] What can we do?
You can listen to the audio here:
Topics Discussed In This Episode:[0:00] Evaluation of the Economic Freedom of the United States
- The Assault on Free Markets
- Cash For Clunkers: The Economy And The Environment Suffer
- ObamaCare Is the Worst Legislation in 75 Years and Even Obamacare’s Pros Turned Out to be Cons
- The Benefits Of Canadian Drugs Are A Pack Of Lies
- Dodd-Frank Bill Concentrates Financial Power and Radio: Financial Reform & the Dodd-Frank Bill
- The Election Should Be Settled by a Single Question: Who Caused the Financial Crisis?
- “Taxpayer Filed 2020 Tax Return; Receives IRS Notice that Return Not Filed ” by Michael Lodge
- Stupid Decisions Made During Government Shutdown
- Chapter 10 “Why the Worst Get on Top ” from “The Road to Serfdom” by F.A. Hayek
- Looking Backward On Socialism: Socialism Is Intolerant
- Klaus Martin Schwab is a German engineer.
- Charles Robert Schwab, chairman of the Charles Schwab Corporation, is a different person.
[11:50] What can we do?
- Tax Planning
- Roth Conversions
- Enroll in Marotta’s Online Live Class (OLLI 2022)
- The Costly Effect Of Saving In A Taxable Account
- Backdoor Roth Contributions
- Fund Your Roth IRA Even When You Can’t Afford It
- The 30-Year Value of a Single Roth Conversion
Photo of New York City by ben o’bro on Unsplash