We have three service levels.
Our Comprehensive service level fees start at 0.25% of the amount of investable assets we manage billed quarterly (1% annual) and the rate is discounted for amounts over one million dollars as follows:
- 0.25% of the first million ($1M) which is 1% annual
- 0.20% for the next 2 million ($1–3M) which is 0.8% annual
- 0.175% for the next 2 million ($3–5M) which is 0.7% annual
- 0.15% for the next 5 million ($5–10M) which is 0.6% annual
- 0.125% for the next 15 million ($10–25M) which is 0.5% annual
- 0.1% for the remainder ($25M+) which is 0.4% annual
Our minimum fee for services is $2,500 per quarter or $1 million in assets under management.
Our Collaborative service level fees are 0.25% of the amount of investable assets we manage billed quarterly (1% annual).
Our minimum fee for Collaborative services is $1,000 per quarter or $400,000 in assets under management.
Collaborative service level clients can move to the Comprehensive service level once they are paying at least the Comprehensive level fee minimums.
Our Do-It-Yourself service level fees are 0.1% of the amount of investable assets we manage billed quarterly (0.4% annual).
There are no minimum fees for Do-It-Yourself services.
Bonus services are also offered for an additional planning fee.
Retirement Plan Management
We have a lower fee schedule for corporate retirement plans (e.g. 401(k) accounts) because participants do not receive the personalized service we offer our comprehensive wealth management clients. We bill quarterly and our fee schedule for corporate retirement plans is as follows:
- 0.125% of the first million ($1M) which is 0.5% annual
- 0.1% for the next 2 million ($1–3M) which is 0.4% annual
- 0.0875% for the next 2 million ($3–5M) which is 0.35% annual
- 0.075% for the next 5 million ($5–10M) which is 0.3% annual
- 0.0625% for the next 15 million ($10–25M) which is 0.25% annual
- 0.05% for the remainder ($25M+) which is 0.2% annual
Accounts are billed quarterly in advance.
Although we recommend an ongoing relationship, we also offer an hourly fee of $500 per hour for non-managed accounts. We can also quote a fixed fee to complete a specific service as needed.
As fee-only financial planners, we receive no other form of compensation.
We believe this policy helps mitigate the conflict of interests inherent when a firm receives compensation based on the sale of specific securities or investment products. We do not receive any payments or commissions from fund or insurance companies. Our only compensation is from the clients we serve.
Read More on Fee-Only Fiduciaries
Zero Steps To Take Before Contacting a Financial Advisor
Don’t delay getting your finances in order until you get your finances in order. Ask for help today and see what wisdom a financial advisor has to share.
You Deserve More Than Investment Management and a Retirement Plan
We strive to provide the necessary resources for anyone to prepare their own investment plan and meet their financial objectives for free on our blog, but we offer more services than that to our clients.
Everyone Deserves a Fiduciary Standard of Care (or Why We Have a Service Level with No Minimums Now)
Thank you, Robert, for your email and your readership. I hope that everyone enjoys our new “Do-It-Yourself” service level.