David John Marotta and Megan Russell were interviewed on radio 1070 WINA’s Schilling Show discussing ways recent graduates can make themselves more attractive to employers in today’s tough job market.
Here are four ways to market your major:
- Define your major — don’t just list it as a bullet point and move on.
- Set yourself apart from your peers. This is a chance to persuade your potential employer that you are a good candidate for the job.
- Give an example of how your interest in your major would translate into working for their company.
- Conclude with an interesting fact that relates to your interests.
The best employees are:
- Passionate about their work
- Open to helping the team
Listen to the interview here:
For a great resource on helping recent grads figure out what they are interested in, we suggest this book by Barbara Sher, “I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was.”
Photo used under Flickr Creative Commons license.