On December 12, 2017, David John Marotta appeared on Radio 1070 WINA’s Schilling Show to discuss the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- How should we think about the tax code personally when tax planning?
- What is in this tax bill that we should know?
- How should we think about tax code public policy?
- What might a better tax code be?
Quotes from the Program:
- “The tax code is the largest and most lucrative strategy game in the world.”
- “There is no reason a school teacher is more deserving than someone working at a fast food restaurant.”
- “You really need to scrap the tax code and start from scratch.”
- “If you just have a straight consumption tax, …it pushes you into vertical integration.”
- “If you think about it like chess, …no one says: what is the morality of en passant and castling?”
- “We are states first and the federal government second. … States now have to allow a federal tax deduction otherwise we could owe a 110% tax.”
- “The best thing we could do is take the federal tax, divide it across the states by people, and say ‘Pay.'”
More articles on the topic:
- The Lost Case for SALT: State and Local Tax Deduction
- Senate Tries to Hurt Capital Gains Management
- Your Deductions in 2018 Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- 529 Expansion to Include Elementary and Secondary Education?
- Obamacare in the Upcoming Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Alternative Minimum Tax Changes in 2018
- Understanding H.R.1 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Photo by Matt Artz on Unsplash