Charles Schwab

This form links your Schwab account to your account at a different custodian.

Click to Download

In order to move funds between a non-Schwab account (external account) and your Schwab account, you simply need to establish what is called a MoneyLink. After the MoneyLink is established, you can easily move funds online between the two accounts.

Most people can establish a MoneyLink using Schwab’s online process. You can find the tutorial for the online process here.

For those who prefer paperwork or who have had trouble with the online process, you can use this form.

To complete the form, add your Schwab account information to Section 1 on Page 1. It will ask for all the account holders and account numbers you’d like linked to your non-Schwab account.

Next, fill out your outside account’s information in Section 3 at the bottom of Page 2. You will be asked to attach a voided check as well as fill out the routing number and account number off of the check onto the form. For “type of account,” you should list whatever your bank identifies the account as, but when in doubt it is likely a personal checking account.

The last step is to sign and date the form in Section 7 at the bottom of page 5. All account holders, whether they own the Schwab account or the non-Schwab account, will need to sign in Section 7.